Senior User Experience Designer
Location: Wommelgem, Antwerp (Belgium)
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. And, with your help, we want to bring islands of simplicity into the current ocean of complexity.
As supply chains grow in both size and complexity, effectively guiding users through the enormous supply chain maze becomes challenging to say the least. OMP's UX team is embarking on an exciting journey to review and reshape the entire user experience to match the needs of tomorrow.
You will take the lead in setting up the user experience of tomorrow. Based on your interactions with end users, the product development teams, the marketing team and R&D, you’ll build the new design system for all OMP applications.
As our Senior User Experience Designer, you’ll:
- Immerse yourself in the world of our users, learning what they do and think.
- Distill these requirements into a set of wireframes and prototypes, which you’ll then validate with the different stakeholders - internal and external.
- Move from wireframes into detailed graphical designs, making the 'dream for tomorrow' tangible.
- Capture the essence of this work in a design system for our development teams so they can start building this dream.
- Collaborate with other product managers to further refine the design system and expand upon it.
Of course, you’re not alone on this journey. You’ll work with our product managers and marketing team, plus a leading external interaction design company so you’ll be collaborating with the best.
It is essential that you have:
- Passion about user interaction and graphic design.
- Graphical skills to develop crisp and appealing prototypes.
- A Master’s degree, preferably in Product Design, Usability Design, Graphical Design or another relevant field.
- Willingness to occasionally travel to our end-users to exchange and validate current and future UX ideas.
- A good team playing attitude.
- The ability to communicate well with a large number of stakeholders: end-users, management, marketeers, product managers and developers.
- Good documentation writing skills, to turn designs into specifications for our developers.
- Fluency in English.
It’d be great if you also had:
- An active interest in the latest UX trends, user interaction patterns and user-centric design, preferably in a software development environment.
- Experience facilitating the decision-making process.
- Familiarity with a large variety of collaborative workshop techniques to establish a design consensus among a varied group of stakeholders.
Like a lot of companies, we offer a permanent position working on state-of-the-art software in a growing international company with an attractive salary and other benefits. What sets us apart from other companies are our personal coaching and training packages.
Your coach and team coach are available during your entire career at OM Partners to ensure your wellbeing and personal development within the company and your future career.
Learn from the best as you work with an external UX consultancy to shape our UI.
OM Partners is a software and consulting company focused on Supply Chain Planning. As a company we have but one mission: to optimize our customer’s supply chain. We pride ourselves on developing innovative Advanced Planning Systems (APS) that meet and exceed expectations. Our customer base includes leading companies in different industries, such as ArcelorMittal, BASF, Dow, Johnson & Johnson, Michelin, Shaw, Procter & Gamble and Smurfit Kappa.
We are a growing international company with lots of opportunities for our people. We work from our offices in Belgium, Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, the Netherlands, UAE, the UK, Ukraine, Spain and the USA. Respect, team spirit and creativity are the cornerstones of our working culture.
Are you the right person for the challenge?
Back to filter
Send your CV