Location: Wommelgem, Antwerp; Drongen, Ghent; Wavre (Belgium)
As a Software Engineer at OM Partners, you’ll be part of a fast-growing, international software development team. You’ll work according to the scrum methodology in a tight-knit group of 3-4 team players. We believe in an integrated approach, where every team member is involved in all steps of the software development life cycle: analysis, architecture design, programming and debugging.
You’ll develop a standard application in C++, using the newest features and development techniques. Our team of experienced Functional Product Managers will work with you to discuss and validate the functional requirements throughout the development cycle. Customization of the application will be done by our team of consultants.
Your daily work as a Software Engineer includes:
- Analytical thinking to translate requirements into technical software design.
- Writing code that conforms to high quality standards.
- Reviewing the code written by other members of your team.
- Working closely with the scrum testers to give input about useful scenarios and to help debug where necessary.
- Maintaining and supporting your developments according to user feedback.
Our team is divided into smaller sub-teams, each focused on specific domains within our solution. We try to find the area that matches your interests – which sub-team is best for you?
Our domains are:
- Cutting edge supply chain planning and forecasting applications that address the key challenges of our focus industries (e.g. Pharma & Life Sciences, Metals, Paper & Plastics, CPG, Food & Beverage and Chemicals).
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) developments in collaboration with human-centered design experts that focus on improved user experience (UX).
- Data integration to connect our software with data from external ERP systems.
- Mathematical algorithms for optimization and forecasting.
- Building low level, generic frameworks and APIs that are used by our other developers.
It’s essential that you have:
- A Bachelor or a Master degree in ICT, engineering, mathematics or another relevant field.
- Good knowledge of object-oriented programming.
- Pride in the high-quality software that you write.
- A hands-on, cooperative, pragmatic and passionate attitude.
- Fluency in English.
It’d be great if you also had:
- C++ expertise – if not, you’re willing to learn modern style C++.
- Experience with design patterns, UML, algorithmic thinking, multi-threading and distributed systems.
Like a lot of companies, we offer a permanent position working on state-of-the-art software in a growing international company with an attractive salary and other benefits. What sets us apart from other companies are our personal coaching and training packages.
- Your day-to-day coach is available to help you with technical questions and guidance throughout the whole of your first year.
- Your coach and team coach are available during your entire career to ensure your wellbeing and personal development within the company and your future career.
- Learn from the best as you work with a team of experienced software engineers.
- In-house training to ensure your skills remain at the highest possible level.
- Continuous learning via our online learning platform that is full of technical educational opportunities.
OM Partners is a software and consulting company focused on Supply Chain Planning. As a company we have but one mission: to optimize our customers’ supply chains. We pride ourselves on developing innovative Advanced Planning Systems (APS) that meet and exceed expectations. Our customer base includes leading companies in different industries, such as ArcelorMittal, BASF, Dow, Johnson & Johnson, Michelin, Shaw, Procter & Gamble and Smurfit Kappa.
We are a growing international company with lots of opportunities for our people. We work from our offices in Belgium, Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, the Netherlands, Spain, UAE, the UK, Ukraine and the US. Respect, team spirit and creativity are the cornerstones of our working culture.
Are you the right person for the challenge?
Back to filter
Send your CV