Software Engineer Standard Solutions
Location: Wommelgem, Antwerp (Belgium)
As market leader in supply chain planning software, we have implemented many best practices which has led to increased standardization of our software. This standard environment is the starting point of every project, delivering the best of every individual component and combining separate modules into one application.
To support the further development of new functionalities, we are looking for talented people to reinforce our team of software engineers. Will you join us as a junior or senior Software Engineer Standard Solutions?
As part of an implementation team, you are responsible for the complete development life cycle starting from the requirements analysis over the implementation to testing and providing support to the colleagues using these standard solutions at the customer’s site. After the extensive initial training and getting to know the base technology, you will work in a medium-sized team of professionals.
Because of our philosophy of reusing existing standard solutions, you will enforce best practices and standards to create consistent and easily maintainable applications and application modules. Although the quality of our software solutions is key, you will still aim to deliver assigned projects on, or ahead, of time.
As part of your daily responsibilities, you will be involved in:
- The design, development, maintenance, administration and monitoring of best practice implementations
- Work with business stakeholders, internal and external technical and non-technical teams to understand, document, and prototype integration components based on business requirements documents or meetings
- Write technical specifications for new integration components based on business requirement documents and functional specifications
- Design and build/supervise development of subcomponents within predefined application architectures
- Design reusable and generic assets to increase efficiencies by eliminating repeated code
- Write, execute and react to unit tests during development cycles to ensure that code released to QA correctly follows functional and technical specifications
- Track and communicate project status to the management on a scheduled basis
- Provide knowledge and support to internal system owners with software implementations
You have at least a Bachelor in an IT-related field or you can prove relevant experience. In addition:
- You have experience with SQL and databases (Oracle and/or SQL Server and/or SAP HANA).
- You have experience with scripting languages and/or object orientation (languages such as C/ C++ or with similar structure).
- You can work effectively and efficiently both independently and as part of a functional team.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills in English. Other languages (Dutch, French…) are a plus.
- You are an effective collaborator with internal and external customers.
- You can multitask and dynamically adjust priorities.
- You are self-motivated, creative and detail-oriented.
- You can work to deadlines and manage a high and varied workload.
- Knowledge and some experience in building data interfaces with SAP ERP is an advantage.
- Experience in working with a version control system like SVN, Git etc. is a plus.
OM Partners is a software and consulting company focused on Supply Chain Planning. As a company we have but one mission: to optimize our customer’s supply chain. We pride ourselves on developing innovative Advanced Planning Systems (APS) that meet and exceed expectations. Our customer base includes leading companies in different industries, such as ArcelorMittal, BASF, Dow, Johnson & Johnson, Michelin, Shaw, Procter & Gamble and Smurfit Kappa.
We are a growing international company with lots of opportunities for our people. We work from our offices in Belgium, the Netherlands, France, Germany, UK, USA, China, Brazil, Ukraine, UAE and India. Respect, team spirit and creativity are the cornerstones of our working culture.
Are you the right person for the challenge?
Back to filter
Send your CV