Senior Software Engineer
Location: Barcelona (Spain)
As a Senior Software Engineer at OM Partners, you’ll be part of a fast-growing, international software development team. You’ll work according to the scrum methodology in a tight-knit group of 3-4 team players. We believe in an integrated approach, where every team member is involved in all steps of the software development life cycle: analysis, architecture design, programming and debugging.
You’ll develop a standard application in C++, using the newest features and development techniques. Our team of experienced Functional Product Managers will work with you to discuss and validate the functional requirements throughout the development cycle. Customization of the application will be done by our team of consultants.
As the technical lead for medium and large development projects, you will:
- Develop modern C++, applying the newest features and development techniques.
- Collaborate with our functional analysts to discuss and validate functional requirements.
- Work out the technical design of challenging new features in our software. You take into account all desired functionalities but also create a vision towards future extensions and robustness.
- Guide a team of software engineers to execute your technical design. You are responsible for the delivery of the developed features according to our high-quality standards.
- Work closely with the scrum testers and give input about test scenarios.
- Be responsible for the after-care. Once the development is delivered, you remain responsible for future extensions, maintenance and debugging.
Our team is divided into smaller sub-teams, each focused on specific domains within our solution. We try to find the area that matches your interests – which sub-team is best for you?
Our domains are:
- Cutting edge supply chain planning and forecasting applications that address the key challenges of our focus industries (e.g. Pharma & Life Sciences, Metals, Paper & Plastics, CPG, Food & Beverage and Chemicals).
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) developments in collaboration with human-centered design experts that focus on improved user experience (UX).
- Data integration to connect our software with data from external ERP systems.
- Mathematical algorithms for optimization and forecasting.
- Building low level, generic frameworks and APIs that are used by our other developers.
It’s essential that you have:
- A Bachelor or a Master in ICT, engineering, mathematics or another relevant field.
- At least three years of work experience in a software engineering role.
- A deep understanding of object-oriented programming, preferably in C++.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
- Fluency in English.
- A hands-on, cooperative, pragmatic and passionate attitude.
It’d be great if you also had:
- C++ expertise – if not, you’re willing to learn modern style C++.
- Experience with design patterns, UML, algorithmic thinking, multi-threading and distributed systems.
- Experience with working in remote teams.
- Knowledge about testing systems.
Like a lot of companies, we offer a permanent position working on state-of-the-art software in a growing international company with an attractive salary and other benefits. What sets us apart from other companies are our personal coaching and training packages.
- Your day-to-day coach is available to help you with technical questions and guidance throughout the whole of your first year (if needed, this depends on your experience).
- Your coach and team coach are available during your entire career to ensure your wellbeing and personal development within the company and your future career.
- Learn from the best as you work with a team of experienced software engineers.
- In-house training to ensure your skills remain at the highest possible level.
- Continuous learning via our online learning platform that is full of technical educational opportunities.
OM Partners is a software and consulting company focused on Supply Chain Planning. As a company we have but one mission: to optimize our customers’ supply chains. We pride ourselves on developing innovative Advanced Planning Systems (APS) that meet and exceed expectations. Our customer base includes leading companies in different industries, such as ArcelorMittal, BASF, Dow, Johnson & Johnson, Michelin, Shaw, Procter & Gamble and Smurfit Kappa.
We are a growing international company with lots of opportunities for our people. We work from our offices in Belgium, Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, the Netherlands, Spain, UAE, the UK, Ukraine and the US. Respect, team spirit and creativity are the cornerstones of our working culture.
Are you the right person for the challenge?
Back to filter
Send your CV