Location: Atlanta (USA)
With demand sensing, OM Partners is breaking through some boundaries of classical demand forecasting. The use of state of the art techniques like machine learning and neural networks allow for a step change in forecast accuracy, driving immediate value creation for our customers. By using these innovative functionalities, they are able to adjust their supply plans faster and more accurate.
Are you ready to join the demand driven revolution in supply chain? Are you passionate about finding patterns and correlations? Then apply for the position of (Senior) Data Scientist and join our product development team.
As a Data Scientist, you have only one aim: to provide innovative solutions for the customers’ challenging analytics and forecasting needs.
You analyze their needs, design a prototype, develop the model and optimize your solution.
- You support the customer throughout the entire implementation schedule.
- You work in close collaboration with the customer’s project team and you consultant colleagues working on the same project.
Next to the project work you will be responsible for the design of solutions and the development of the products. You ensure that high-quality, well-tested and documented solutions are delivered.
Your challenge is to collect and formulate the business requirements and translate them into functional requirements that can easily be fed into a technical design. Therefore, you work in close collaboration with the product manager and software engineers.
You continuously improve the solutions and develop new functionalities.
- You validate these solutions and functionalities with the different stakeholders.
- You implement and test the developments.
Finally, you document the tools, and train and support your colleagues in the usage of the Solution.
You participate in pre-sales to demonstrate functionality that meets the prospects goals and objectives.
Strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities, complemented with a university degree, are indispensable in this job.
Having a PhD is a definite advantage.
You have an entrepreneurial mindset in looking for innovative solutions for our customers’ analytics and forecasting problems.
- You are passionate about finding patterns and looking for correlations in big datasets.
- You take incomplete data as a challenge and use qualitative techniques to bridge the gap.
A solid background in applied statistics (distributions, statistical testing, confidence intervals, machine learning, time series, …) is required.
- You have practical experience with time series analysis and forecasting (exponential smoothing, multivariate regression, ARIMA, …) to solve real-life business problems.
- You benefit from having experience in analyzing and implementing forecasting processes, as well as having working experience as an analyst or consultant for large multinational organizations.
You are familiar with a statistical scripting language, preferably R. Basic knowledge of relational databases and SQL are a plus.
You can present findings clearly to a non-technical audience, using different visualization techniques.
You have an excellent command of at least two languages (Dutch, French, English or German).
You are able to work autonomous and project based.
OM Partners is a software and consulting company focused on Supply Chain Planning. As a company we have but one mission: to optimize our customer’s supply chain. We pride ourselves on developing innovative Advanced Planning Systems (APS) that meet and exceed expectations. Our customer base includes leading companies in different industries, such as ArcelorMittal, BASF, Dow, Johnson & Johnson, Michelin, Shaw, Procter & Gamble and Smurfit Kappa.
We are a growing international company with lots of opportunities for our people. We work from our offices in Belgium, the Netherlands, France, Germany, UK, USA, China, Brazil, Ukraine, UAE and India. Respect, team spirit and creativity are the cornerstones of our working culture.
Are you the right person for the challenge?
Back to filter
Send your CV